Light Sealed Blackout Cellular Shades
Blackout Cellular Shades with Side Tracks For Total Light Blocking
Combining the insulating and light-blocking qualities of double honeycomb design with the light – and thermal-sealing capabilities of side tracks, this is the top of the line for draft elimination and energy savings.
96″w x 120″h (Depending on lift system)
Manual or Motorized
Light blocking shades combine our energy efficient, insulating blackout cellular shades with light blocking side tracks to seal out all side light and maximize darkness for a restful night of sleep. The light blocking side tracks also form the ultimate seal against drafty windows, increasing energy savings by 17%. They also reduce heat loss in the winter because of drafty windows.
North Solar Screen takes cords and child safety seriously. Our shades are available cordless (recommended where young children are present.) All chain shades have cord safety tensioners to reduce the hazards of cord strangulation or entanglement.
Cleaning & CareWarranty
- Raised and lowered by pulling the thin cord. As you pull the cord, the shade goes up, and the cord becomes longer. Recommended for smaller shades. Breakaway cord for child safety.
- Min size 9″ wide x 8″ high
Under 12″ wide, max height is 80″
- Max size 96″ x 120″
- Over 48″ and up to 60″ wide, max height is 96″
- Over 60″ and up to 66″ wide, max height is 84″
- Over 66″ and up to 72″ wide, max height is 80″
- Over 72″ and up to 84″ wide, max height is 66″
- Over 84″ and up to 96″ wide, max height is 48″
- Flush Mount: 2″
- Shallow mount: 1 1/2″
- Also have thin cords, one on each side of the shade. One cord lowers and raises the bottom rail of the shade, while the other allows you to raise and lower the top rail of the shade. You can open the top of the window shade but leave the bottom of the window covered for privacy. Breakaway cords for child safety.
- Min Size: 13″ wide x 8″ high
- Max Size: 84″ wide x 96″ high
- Over 60″ and up to 66″ wide, max height is 84″ (order Cord Loop TDBU)
- Over 66″ and up to 72″ wide, max height is 80″ (order Cord Loop TDBU)
- Over 72″ and up to 84″ wide, max height is 66″ (order Cord Loop TDBU)
- Flush Mount: 2″
- Shallow mount: 1 1/2″
- Raised and lowered with a loop of thicker cord. Pull on one side of the loop to raise the shade, and the other side of the loop to lower the shade. Cord tensioning devices for child safety.
- Max size: 96″ wide x 120″ high
- Flush Mount: 2 1/4″
- Shallow Mount: 1 5/8″
- Thicker cord loops, one on each side of the shade. One loop lowers and raises the bottom rail of the shade, while the other allows you to raise and lower the top rail of the shade. You can open the top of the window shade but leave the bottom of the window covered for privacy. Cord tensioning devices for child safety.
- Max Size 96″ wide x 120″ high
- Flush Mount: 2 1/4″
- Shallow Mount: 1 5/8″
- Motor and rechargeable lithium ion battery in motor casing are concealed in roller
- No special wiring requirements
- Rechargeable battery comes fully charged from factory, no external battery wand is required
- Factory programs upper and lower limit stops but does not program channels because that needs to be completed after shade installation.
- Average battery charge lasts 6-12 months under normal use one cycle per day
- Battery can be recharged up to 500 times
- Takes approximately 5 hours to recharge a depleted motor
- Recharge when shade starts running slow to avoid losing programming
- Shade will beep when the remote button is pressed
- Do not leave charger plugged in for more than 24 hours as it can prematurely age the battery
Simplicity 14 Channel Remote The 14 Channel Remote can automate up to 14 different shades individually or 14 groups of shades. The remote can be wall mounted for easy access. Available in black or white.
- Motorized lift system raises and lowers one shade or a group of shades with a push of a button
- Radio frequency motorization is excellent for large, hard to reach windows and multiple windows
- Simple, convenient, child-safe method of operating shade
- 14 channel remote can operate up to 14 windows or groups of windows
- Remote comes with holder to mount to a wall for easy storage
- Range of remote is approximately 80 feet
8.4 volt charger plugs into standard power outlet to recharge
Plugs into charging port of motor
Charger is black and comes with 13 feet of wire
EZ Charge Extension Wand easily recharges your hard to reach Simplicity Rechargeable Shades. Extends up to 31” in length. Simply touch the magnetized wand tip to the port to attach. Then plug the charger into the base of the wand.
EZ Charge Wall Mount Receiver can be easily concealed by a valance
You need 1 EZ Charger extension wand per order (more can be ordered).
The EZ Charge Wall Mount Receiver includes screws and anchors. These can be used for wood or drywall mounting.
Extension cable plugs into charging port of Simplicity Rechargeable shades.
Each shade will need an EZ Charge wall mount receiver.
Battery Charger – SOLD SEPARATELY. You must specify charger when ordering a Simplicity Rechargeable Motorized Shade. The charger plugs into the wand base. The 8.4 Volt charger requires a standard power outlet to recharge the motor. The charger is black and comes with a 156” wire. Dimensions are 1” wide x 2½” length x 13⁄4” deep.
The Simplicity Smart Controller powered by NEO Smart Blinds App is a small device that you install in your home that allows you to set automatic opening and closing times for all Simplicity motorized shades from your Apple or Android Smartphone, voice controlled Amazon, Google home automation device, tablet, or PC anywhere in world.
- Works with Apple and Android Smartphones
- Free downloadable app
- Compatible with previously installed Simplicity motorized shades
- Can schedule operation up to 14 shades in a single room or every shade throughout the house
- Controller has same range as remote (150 feet) so one per floor is usually sufficient
Simplicity Smart Controller One box/2000 sq. ft recommended
GET STARTED IN 4 EASY STEPS
- Download the free NEO Smart Blinds App from Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and create an account.
- Purchase our palm sized Simplicity Smart WiFi Controller
- Plug into a central location with a strong WiFi signal
- Add your shades in the app
Motors at a Glance
Energy Saving Blackout Sidetracks
Made from durable window grade PVC, the energy saving blackout sidetracks seal off the gap between the blackout cellular shade and the window to create a light blocking barrier. The cellular shade runs along the sidetracks on each side of the window. The sidetracks encase the blackout material along front and back providing 2 solid light blocking barriers.
Easy to Install and Remove
Light Sealed Shades are easy to install, and feature removable sidetracks that are attached to the window frame with magnetic strips. Raise the shade and remove the sidetracks for window cleaning. The durable, UV stable sidetracks are available in white, tan or bronze to match your existing trim.
Light Absorbing Technology
The co-extruded blackout sidetracks are black lined to absorb incoming light.
Light Sealed Shade End Caps
The specially designed notched bottom rail end caps fit over the blackout sidetracks and allow for smooth movement when raising and lowering the shade.
Choose the right color side track for your window frame. Bronze, Tan and White Available
- Standard and Standard Top Down/Bottom Up: Minimum Depth 1 1/2″, Flush Mount 2″
- Cord Loop, Cord Loop Top Down Bottom Up, Cordless, and Cordless Top Down Bottom Up: Minimum Depth 1 5/8″, Flush Mount 2 1/4″ The shade’s light blocking ability is compromised by using any other mount than a Flush Mount.
- No Shallow Mount with Light Sealed Tracks.
Maximum Shade Sizes
(Please contact us for larger sizes.)
- Standard: 96″ wide x 120″ high (we recommend Cord Loop over 72″ wide)
- Standard Top Down/Bottom Up: 84″ wide x 96″ high (we recommend Cord Loop Top Down Bottom Up over 72″ wide
- Cord Loop and Top Down Bottom Up Cord Loop: 96″ wide x 120″ high
- Cordless and Cordless Top Down Bottom Up: 96″ wide x 84″ high
Measuring: Precise width measurements are critical for proper performance of Light Sealed Shades. Measure to the nearest 1/16 and provide the narrowest width measurement along the top middle and bottom of the opening. The widest width of the window cannot exceed the narrowest width of the window by more than 1/4″. Measure the height on both the left and right and provide us with the taller height. You may need to trim the top (notched end) of the rail for the short side. Side rails are manufactured 1/8″ shorter than your measured inside height to make sure they will fit. Use included foam strips to seal any gaps.
Capable of being continued or maintained with minimal long term effects on the environment.
Energy Thermal Efficiency
Reducing energy consumption and cost by preventing solar heat gain in the summer and heat loss in the winter.
Those that have a lesser impact on humanity and the environment. Responsible materials are made from renewable resources or recycled content, they emit low VOC’s such as toxins, allergens and carcinogens, and can be disposed of by recycling or reusing.
They also act as a barrier against cold air flow in winter, locking warm air inside. Available in the same light filtering and blackout options as our regular cellular shades, they are for inside frame mounts only. The cellular insulated blackout shades provide the maximum insulation values.
- (Photo 1) These shades can only be inside mounted to properly block out the light.
- (Photo 2) Always use a steel measuring tape.
- (Photo 3) Measure to the nearest 1/8”. Round DOWN, not UP, if it is 1/16th over.
- Tell us raw measurements. Do not take your own deductions.
- Always give width before height
- And always, feel free to call us for help and email us photos of where you are installing.
Precise width measurements are critical for proper performance of Light Sealed Shades.
Measure to the nearest 1/16 and provide the narrowest width measurement along the top middle and bottom of the opening. The widest width of the window cannot exceed the narrowest width of the window by more than 1/4″.
Measure the height on both the left and right and provide us with the taller height. You may need to trim the top (notched end) of the rail for the short side. Side rails are manufactured 1/8″ shorter than your measured inside height to make sure they will fit. Use included foam strips to seal any gaps.
- Measure width at top, middle, and bottom (A) Tell us the raw measurements. Let us take the deduction for fit. We will tell you fabric width.
- Measure the height (B) If not ordering the shade to drop all the way down, let us know.
Inside Frame Mount