Motorized Cellular Skylight Shades
Light Filtering & Blackout Options Available
Operate your cellular skylight shades with the touch of a button. Available with light filtering or light blocking cellular fabrics, these insulating motorized skylight shades glide in white retainer tracks to stay in place. For angled, horizontal, or vertical applications, inside frame mount only. Powered by a rechargeable battery. Recharge either with a plug in or solar recharger.
48″ w x 72″ h
Fabric stacks at bottom or lowest point in the window
- Applications: horizontal, angled and vertical skylights
- For inside frame mounts only
- Rail color: white aluminum head, bottom and side rails
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery motors, battery is built into back of the shade: plug recharger into an outlet and the other side into pigtail in back of shade
- Wireless remote control and holder are available black or white and can operate up to 5 shades simultaneously, individually or in groups (uses one 3V Battery (included)
- Skylights must not be more than 3/8″ out of square (measure the diagonals and compare) and the widest width can’t be more than 3/8″ wider than the narrowest width.
Simply press the button on the remote and walk away while the radio controlled motor does the work for you! Shades are powered by a discrete and easy to use custom rechargeable lithium ion battery which is fully concealed in the headrail. The rechargeable battery is built into the back of the shade at the top. Simply plug the charger into the charging port (pigtail) in the back of the shade and the other side into a standard household outlet to recharge overnight. The charger is black and comes with 156” of wire. No special installation hardware or wiring requirements are needed. The rechargeable battery comes fully charged from the factory. No external battery wand is required to operate the shade. The factory programs the upper and lower limit stops for every shade but does not program channels for rechargeable motors. Channel programming is completed after shade installation.
The average battery charge will last 6-12 months based on an averaged sized shade that’s raised and lowered once per day. The battery can be recharged up to 500 times. It takes approximately 5 hours to recharge the motor when depleted. However, it is best to recharge when the shade starts running slow so as not to lose the programming. If the battery dies and the shade is closed it can be more difficult to pry it open and reset the limit stops.
Plug In Battery Charger
An 8.4 volt charger requires a standard power outlet to recharge the battery. The charger plugs into the charging port of the motor. The charger is black and comes with 156″ of wire. Charger is 1″ x 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″.
Solar Panel Recharge Option
Instead of disposable Alkaline batteries, harness the power of the sun to recharge batteries! The solar panel converts the sun’s light into electrical energy providing a constant trickle charge for the rechargeable batteries Great for out of reach applications. Dimensions of panel are: 18 1/2” x 1 1/2”, Rechargeable battery wand is 22” long. Cord is a “y” split that measures approx 12″ from the solar panel to the connector, and 6″ from the motor to the connector.
- Full direct sunlight (minimum 4-6 hrs. per day) to maintain full charged, based on one operation cycle per day one open, one close.)
- Solar panel will charge batteries even without direct sunlight. Ambient light will charge the batteries but at a slower rate.
- Excessive duration of cloudy weather will impact the rate of charge
Solar Panel Mounting
The solar panel can be mounted to the window casing with supplied brackets or can be mounted directly to the glass using supplied special double stick tape. Solar Panel Location Requirements vary depending on the latitude of your home, angle of the skylight shade and direction the windows face. In general, the more horizontal (flatter)your skylight is, the more southward it faces, and further south of Washington DC you live, the better the solar charger will work. The more vertical, north facing and north of Washington DC you are the more you will have to use the plug in charger.
- All hand held remotes have holders for wall mounting and an 80 foot range
- 5 Channel: white or black, operates up to 5 shades individually, simultaneously or in groups
- 6 Channel: white, also has timer to create schedules for automatic shade operation
- Manual function disables the timer and the remote then operates as a 6 channel hand held remote.
The remote utilizes one 3V battery (CR2032). Batteries are included. Batteries are under warranty for up to 3 months from date of purchase. Motorized shades installed into windows with metal casings may have a reduced radio frequency range or may not operate at all depending on the application. Don’t let the antenna on the motor touch any metal objects. This may interfere with signals from the remote control. Make sure to leave the top of the shade head rail open (motor exposed) do not cover, especially with metal materials. This could result in a reduced radio frequency range for the remote control or the shade may not operate at all, depending on the application. The factory does not program channels for the rechargeable motors. The factory programs the upper and lower limits of every shade. Channel programming must be completed after the shade is installed.
Motorized Cellular Skylight Shade
- Minimum Width: 18″ (if under 20″ wide, 1/2″ extra depth required)
- Maximum Width: 48″
- Minimum Length: 12″
- Maximum Length: 72″
- Side rail depth: 1 1/2″ (see below for installation depth needed)
- Side rail width: (as seen from room) 1″
- Inside Mount Applications only.
- Skylights must not be more than 3/8″ out of square (measure diagonally both directions and compare) and widest width can’t be more than 3/8″ more than the narrowest width.
- For angled, horizontal, or vertical skylights
Motorized Skylight in Open Position. Fabric stacks at bottom.
- When ordering Motorized Cellular Skylight shades, the depth required varies based on how you are supplying power to the shade and how wide it is.
- To be operated by internal rechargeable battery, using a plug in charger 2 1/4″ (2 3/4″ if under 20″ wide)
- To be operated by solar rechargeable battery wand, with the solar panel attached directly to the glass requires 3 7/8″ (4 3/8″ if under 20″ wide)
- To be operated by solar rechargeable battery wand, with the solar panel attached with a bracket to the skylight well (this allows you to angle the solar panel for better solar capability) requires 5 3/8″ (5 7/8″ if under 20″ wide)
Operating and Installation Information
Motorized shades installed into windows with metal casings may have a reduced radio frequency range or may not operate at all depending on the application
Do not let the antenna on the motor touch any metal objects. This might interfere with signals from the remote control
- Only available for inside mount (photo 1)
- Always use a steel measuring tape. (photo 2)
- Measure to the nearest 1/8” (photo 3) Round DOWN, not UP, if it is 1/16th over.
- Tell us raw measurements. Do not take your own deductions.
- Always give width before height
- And always, feel free to call us for help and email us photos of the site.
- Measure the diagonals (top left to bottom right and vice versa)
- Width: Measure in 3 places: top, middle and bottom
- Height: Measure in 3 places: top, middle and bottom
- Order your product at the narrowest width and the shortest height
- Measure the diagonals of your skylight (top right corner to bottom left corner and top left corner to bottom right corner). If these measurements differ by more than ¼” you will have to shim your skylight opening to make room for the shade and retainer track.)